After a season with a host of club-records broken, here’s the 2021/22 season at Hinckley AFC in numbers
Statistically, it was our best season to date even though we fell at the final hurdle in the play-off final.
These are some of the team and individual record broken this season…
- 103 points – the first time we’ve broken the century in terms of a points tally
- 166 goals scored in all competitions. Our 148 goals in the league was second in the country throughout the top ten levels of English football and was another club high
- 18-0 – a club-record win away to St Martins and one that set a new FA Vase competition record too, stretching back to its creation in 1974
- 19 clean sheets – the most in a season
- 11 consecutive wins from November to March – the longest winning streak breaking the previous record of nine, that we had matched earlier in the season
- 2nd – our joint best league finish matching 2016/17 in the Midland League
- 811 – a club-record attendance in the final against Belper beating the previous record of 502 set a week earlier. That was the highest crowd to watch Hinckley for more than a decade
- 47 games – goalkeeper Matt Hill started every match in all competitions, the first time anyone has been ever-present for Hinckley AFC. Only Sam Chalkley’s 12-minute sub appearance at Blackstones prevented Matt playing in every minute of the season
We’d like to thank you all for your tremendous support through 2021/22 and look forward to welcoming you all back in August for another new season.