Hinckley AFC 1-1 Littleton

Hinckley AFC 1-1 Littleton

The spoils were shared between Hinckley AFC and Littleton as neither side could do enough to beat the gale-force winds at St John’s Park.

On an evening where Storm Barney was the most influential player, Hinckley had the better of possession throughout but couldn’t convert it into goals, and they went into half time a goal down thanks to Robbie Bunn’s free kick.

But Ryan Seal continued his fine start to life in a Hinckley shirt, equalising with thirteen minutes to go to earn Hinckley a point.

Carl Abbott made two changes to the side that beat Atherstone Town on Tuesday, with Seal and Marco Adaggio returning to the side.

The opening exchanges were heavily dictated by the wind, with Littleton limited to two attempts from range that didn’t trouble Tom Cross in the Hinckley goal.

The first real chance of the match came midway through the half, when Sean Williams fizzed a cross in from the right wing, but Luke Richards couldn’t connect well enough from point blank range and visiting ‘keeper Haydn Whitcombe collected.

Approaching half time, Littleton struck the bar after Alex Morris was caught in possession, and they took the lead in stoppage time as Bunn scored directly from a free kick.

With the wind behind them after the break, the second half was dominated by Hinckley and they nearly equalised four minutes into it with some spectacular play. Marco Adaggio did superbly to win a flick on, which fell to Alex Penny. The Stourbridge loanee attempted a back heeled volley, which was destined for the net until it was met by firstly a flying save, then the crossbar.

At the other end, the visitors nearly doubled their lead when a snapshot was deflected narrowly wide, before Richards headed wide when unmarked as Hinckley continued knocking on the door.

The goal came with thirteen minutes remaining. Good link up play between Williams, Nathan Walker and Seal saw the former Kirby Muxloe man stride forward and unleash a low drive into the bottom corner.

Hinckley almost snatched a winner with five minutes to go: Morris couldn’t quite bundle Richards’ corner over the line, but in the end neither side could do enough to earn all three points and the spoils were shared.

Hinckley: Tom Cross, Mitchell Tomlinson, Rico Taylor (Liam Smith 73), Alex Penny, Alex Morris, Nathan Walker, Marcus Jackson, Sean Williams, Ryan Seal, Marco Adaggio, Luke Richards. Subs not used: Sam Arnold, Oli Basham, Ray Facey, Elikem Amenku.

Goal: Ryan Seal (77)