Hinckley AFC 4-1 Racing Club Warwick

Three goals in the final eight minutes earned Hinckley AFC their first home win of the new season with a 4-1 triumph over Racing Club Warwick.
With the game poised at 1-1 going into the latter stages, goals from Peter Williams, Sam Agar and Ryan Seal secured all three points for a Hinckley side who were frustrated by their visitors for large spells.
The Racers held the game at 1-1 for a sustained spell after Terence Morton equalised James Williams’ first half opener, but Hinckley eventually forced their way through on a wet afternoon at St John’s Park.
Carl Abbott made three changes to his Hinckley side that was defeated by Bromsgrove Sporting on Tuesday. James Williams, Mark Williams and Isaac Cooper returned to the side, with Jean Kalenda, Darious Darkin and Javia Roberts dropping to the substitutes’ bench.
The first half was a compact affair with not much in the way of goalmouth action early on, though Agar couldn’t convert a fizzed ball across goal from point blank range.
It was just after the half hour mark when AFC took the lead. Cooper’s corner was met by James Williams at the near post, who gave his side the lead with a downward header – his first goal for the club.
But the game was back of level terms just six minutes later when Morton took full advantage of a loose ball just inside the box, unleashing a fine strike beyond Haydn Whitcombe’s reach.
Then, The Racers had penalty claims turned down in first half stoppage time after a collision between Whitcombe and Jamie Smith, and the sides went in all level.
The rain continued to hammer down onto the surface after the break, and Warwick almost went ahead when a striker poked the ball beyond Whitcombe but just wide of the post.
Hinckley continued to see plenty of the ball as the half wore on, but couldn’t break down the resolute visiting defence. Cooper flashed a shot wide of the far post and Lee Butler drove over the bar as Hinckley tried to force a second.
It was a second goal that would come eight minutes from time, with James Williams heavily involved again. It was from his wonderful turn and cross from the right that Peter Williams curled a header inside the far post.
That opened the game up for the final few minutes as Racing Club looked to pull themselves back into the game, and Agar and Seal both spurned chances to put the game beyond doubt.
It was a frustrating day for Agar, but he finally found his relief with two minutes to play, cutting in from the left and bending a shot inside the far post to add a third.
In stoppage time, Agar turned from scorer to provider as Seal latched onto his through ball and slotted past Edward Caviezel-Cox for a fourth.
That added an element of emphasis to the scoreline, which Hinckley will take confidence from ahead of the second half of their Bank Holiday double header away at Nuneaton Griff on Monday.
Hinckley: Haydn Whitcombe, James Williams, Lee Thomas, Ryan Paddock, Mike Harvey, Mark Williams, Lee Butler (Peter Williams 70), Ryan Seal, Sam Agar, Sean Williams (Javia Roberts 62), Isaac Cooper (Darious Dakin 80). Subs not used: Jean Kalenda, Rico Taylor
Goals: James Williams (33), Peter Williams (82), Sam Agar (88), Ryan Seal (94)
Warwick: Edward Caviezel-Cox, Martin Hutchcox, Mark Turton, Harry Jervis (Jake Brown 70), Toby Checketts (Adam Laight 26), Chris Hayden, Terence Morton, Martin Slevin, Jamie Smith, Wade Malley (Jordan McKenzie 75), Alex Price. Subs not used: Jamie Vadasz, Conal Dowling
Goal: Terence Morton (39)

, , ,