Racing Club Warwick 1-7 Hinckley AFC

A clinical spell of four goals in the final ten minutes helped Hinckley AFC to an emphatic 7-1 win over Racing Club Warwick at Townsend Meadow.
In truth, AFC were excellent throughout against a fellow top six side and never looked back once they took an early lead through Sean Williams.
Sam Agar added a second before the break, and AFC went crazy after it as a Seal hat-trick and one from Mark Williams secured an emphatic win, tarnished only minimally by Wade Malley’s reply for the hosts to bring it back to 3-1.
Carl Abbott made just one change to his Hinckley side that beat Heath Hayes last week, with Jamal Clarke replacing Ryan Paddock at the heart of the defence.
And after starting on the front foot, Sean Williams blazing over with the first sight of goal, just eight minutes has passed when Hinckley took the lead. Williams was the threat again as he rolled his man and fired home at the near post.
Seal then went close for the first time after a quick Hinckley counter attack as AFC sought to put themselves in cruise control.
Then followed a quieter spell as both sides settled into the game, and another 15 minutes had passed by the time the next chance came – Darious Darkin blasting wide.
And AFC doubled their lead eight minutes before the break when Agar reacted first to a loose ball in the box and drilled into the bottom corner.
AFC were good value for their two goal advantage at the break, and two swiftly became three after the interval. All three forward players were involved in making it three as Williams won the ball back and Agar dummied into the path of Seal, who tucked away his first of the evening.
AFC should have been comfortable at this stage, but after Seal missed a good chance for his second when he couldn’t get the ball out from under his feet and ended up scuffing past the post, the hosts gained a foothold in the game.
Shortly before the hour, Haydn Whitcombe had to make his first real save of the match with a fine claw away from Malley to preserve his clean sheet, but it wasn’t to last as Malley poked under the ‘keeper from close range to pull one back.
That made for an end-to-end next few minutes as The Racers sought a route back into the game. The hosts had strong penalty shouts denied before, at the other end, Agar missed a one-on-one to kill the game off, firing narrowly wide of the post.
It wasn’t to matter, though. Warwick threw men forward in search of the goals that would level the game but left space at the back, of which Hinckley took full advantage.
The fourth goal came on 81 minutes. Hinckley countered at pace, with substitute Javia Roberts running onto a long ball and squaring for Seal to tap home the simplest of chances.
That was the first of four goals in eight minutes, with Seal turning provider for the fifth as Mark Williams headed home his corner.
It was another corner that provided the sixth; Seal’s in-swinging delivery evaded everyone and nestled in the back of the net to give the captain his hat-trick.
And a clinical spell to kill the game off ended before the 90 minute mark had even been reached. Agar stood a ball up to the far post, where Roberts headed home Hinckley’s seventh.
That devastating attacking play secured a comprehensive win and moved Hinckley into the league’s top three.
Warwick: Edward Caviezel-Cox, Zak Harbon, Martin Hutchcox, Alex Price, Toby Checketts, Michael Mannion, Wade Malley (Brad Harbon 86), Joe Wright (Luke Church 73), Jake Brown, Martin Slevin, Terence Morton (Lucky Nwosu 73). Subs not used: Jamie Smith, Jonathan Pigott
Goal: Wade Malley (63)
Hinckley: Haydn Whitcombe, James Williams (Jordan Perks 75), Lee Thomas (Chad Degville-Cross 49), Mark Williams, Jamal Clarke, Andy Westwood, Lee Butler, Ryan Seal, Sam Agar, Sean Williams (Javia Roberts 68), Darious Darkin. Sub not used: Leadun Dunlevy
Goals: Sean Williams (8), Sam Agar (37), Ryan Seal (47, 81, 87), Mark Williams (85), Javia Roberts (89)
Atendance: 140

, , ,