Hinckley AFC 11-1 Coventry Alvis

Luke Richards hit five as Hinckley AFC recorded their biggest win of the season, putting 11 past bottom side Coventry Alvis.
As you’d expect from such a scoreline, Hinckley were in control throughout and never looked like relinquishing the lead given to them by Richard Munday.
Alvis pulled it back to 2-1 midway through the first half, but five for Richards, two each for Munday and Steve Hart alongside an own goal and one for Abdul Muhammad ensured Hinckley continued their good start to 2018.
Richard Lavery made one change to his side that beat Ilkeston Town ten days ago, with Muhammad returning to the side at right back in place of James Williams.
And Hinckley took little time to get back into their stride. Just a quarter of an hour had passed when Munday fired home from a scramble in the box to open the scoring.
Just four minutes later, it was 2-0. Richards netted his first of the night when an effort struck the post, and he fired home from the rebound.
But if Hinckley were worried at any stage during the evening, it was just afterwards when Alvis halved their deficit through Jack Rooney.
But Hinckley quickly resumed control, restoring their two goal advantage 11 minutes before the break. It came through Richards again, though it will go down as an own goal with the striker’s shot taking a wicked deflection off a defender as it nestled it the back of the net.
But though that goal didn’t count towards Richards’ tally, he still secured his hat-trick before half time, making it 4-1 before latching onto a poor clearance to send ‘keeper Jack Tregarth the wrong way and make it five at the break.
The one man you’d expect to see on the scoresheet during the game was top scorer Hart, but it took him less than ten minutes of the second half to get in on the act. He made it 6-1, firing home after a free kick bounced around the area.
Hinckley’s pressure was relentless, and Richards scored twice in two minutes around the midway point of the half. First, a poor back pass fell straight to the striker who slotted home, before he was sent through one-on-one two minutes later, making no mistake with just Tregarth to beat.
Now with five to his name, that was Richards’ last action but it didn’t stop Hinckley advancing to their most comprehensive win of the season. Hart converted from the spot with 19 minutes to play to make it 9-1.
Hinckley were looking good to reach double figures for the first time this season, and did just that when Munday headed home from a corner with ten minutes to play.
A record equalling 13 goals in a game was a stretch too far, but they did reach 11 when Muhammad netted his first Hinckley goal late on.
It means Hinckley have now scored double figures in a game in each of their four seasons, and closed the gap on the sides above them with AFC now just four points behind second-placed Atherstone Town, with three games in hand.
Hinckley: Carl O’Neill, Abdul Muhammad, Mitchell Tomlinson, James Jepson, Richard Munday, Richard Lavery (Jack Sutherland 56), Kai Tonge (Marley Hamilton 62), Josh Burniston, Luke Richards (Nick Goold 67), Steve Hart, Josh Willis. Subs not used: James Williams, Jonathan Bukasa
Goals: Richard Munday (15, 80), Luke Richards (19, 39, 45, 63, 64), Own Goal (34), Steve Hart (52, 71 pen), Abdul Muhammad (86)
Alvis: Jack Tregarth, Connor Murray, Ricky Hill (Ben Ellis 34), Jack Rooney, Ricky Fletcher, Elliot Palmer (Curtis Shiels 61), Milan Kazimierczak, Kyle Carey, Michael Healy (Michael Samuel 67), Jacob Dobbs, Yohan Stephane. Subs not used: Charlie Wilson, Kiernan Palmer
Goal: Jack Rooney (21)
Attendance: 120

, , ,