Hinckley AFC 6-1 Chelmsley Town

Hinckley AFC hit their biggest win of the season, putting six past Chelmsley Town for their sixth consecutive home win.

Six goals and six different goalscorers marked a fine return to form for Joe Conneely’s side with their best performance of the campaign to date.

They hit three in each half to record a first league win since the end of August, with recent additions Chandler Pegg, Reece Jacobs and Isa Abraham all on the scoresheet.

It took just 90 seconds for Hinckley to stamp their authority on the game. Pegg grabbed his second in two games, finishing off a neat move by converting Lewis Rankin’s cross the near post.

Pegg was denied a second two minutes later by a diving Harry Sulley save, but Sulley was powerless to deny a second on 19 minutes.

It was the move of the match from Hinckley, a quick passing move that spread from left to right and finished with Jack Edwards feeding Ben Newport who fired home his first Hinckley goal.

Though Hinckley had the better of possession and chances, Chelmsley remained a threat. Corey Solomon’s well-struck free kick flew narrowly wide, before the lively Sam Yankson was involved in a quick break with Lewis Moss, Bache saving his strike.

And Hinckley grabbed a crucial third goal two minutes before the break. It was another excellent move, this time ending with Harry Walker-Donovan finding Rankin to fire one precisely into the bottom corner.

Hinckley picked up where they left off after the break. Luke Wilson scuffed a close range header when he looked certain to add a fourth, but the same player did get on the scoresheet three minutes later through a wide free kick that evaded everyone and nestled into the far corner.

At 4-0, Hinckley made plenty of changes and Conneely handed debuts to Jacobs and Matt Dawson.

And, despite Edwards striking the base of a post, Chelmsley had their best spell of the game just after the hour. Substitute James Brown’s first touch was a scuffed effort saved by Bache, before they pulled one back midway through the half. It came from a Hinckley player though, as Wilson’s header towards his own goal caught out Bache for an own goal.

It could have been a nervy finish for Hinckley had Oscar Jackson’s fine strike from range not been tipped over by Bache, or had a second goal moments later not been ruled out for offside.

But Hinckley re-asserted their four-goal authority through Jacobs, who put Sulley under pressure, dispossessed him in the box and tapped into an empty net.

And Abraham added a glorious sixth late on, when Edwards dummied Adam Barber’s pass and the winger found the bottom corner from the angle.

That wrapped up a fine AFC win, who will now aim to take that into their stuttering away form with Saturday’s trip to Ashby Ivanhoe.

Hinckley: Brandon Bache, Harry Walker-Donovan, Marley Sweenie-Rowe (Matt Dawson 46), Adam Barber, Luke Wilson, Joe McNulty (Ryan Murphy 55), Ben Newport, Lewis Collins (Lewis Padmore 72), Chandler Pegg (Reece Jacobs 61), Lewis Rankin (Isa Abraham 65), Jack Edwards

Goals: Chandler Pegg (2), Ben Newport (19), Lewis Rankin (43), Luke Wilson (51), Reece Jacobs (78), Isa Abraham (84)

Chelmsley: Harry Sulley, Tazivaishe Chibava, Liam Rose, Corey Solomon (Oscar Jackson 65), Aidan Doherty, Adam Keeley, Casey Roberts, Harry Jennings (Tom Marshall 82), Sam Yankson, Sam Jeeves, Lewis Moss (James Brown 61). Subs not used: Adam Woods, Jack Moss

Goal: Luke Wilson (67 OG)

Attendance: 174

, , ,