Hinckley AFC 2-2 Allscott Heath

Hinckley AFC’s 10-match league winning run is over but they still haven’t lost a league match since September following a 2-2 draw with Allscott Heath. 

Hinckley twice took the lead in an entertaining game that saw chances aplenty for both sides.

But the visitors’ Steve Hole scored twice to peg back Brady Middleton and Jack Beasley’s goals as play-off chasing Allscott salvaged a point.

It was a game where both sides had chances, particularly early on, and both might feel they could have snatched victory on another day.

Dec Somel, Middleton from halfway and Matt Dawson all shot off-target inside the first 10 minutes while Allscott had the best early chance when Aidan Jehu scuffed his close range header and Brandon Bache saved on the line.

Bache also held a routine save from a long throw, which were arrowed in by Carl Rogers and were Allscott’s biggest weapon, but Hinckley had more of the openings in the first period. Jack Edwards forced Ross Bebb to save with his legs, and the resulting corner was worked cleverly to Middleton who hooked over from inside the six yard box.

The game’s high tempo continued through the middle of the half – Bebb denied Dawson before his opposite number Bache got down quickly to push wide from Aaron Williams.

The deadlock was finally broken from the resulting corner – Hinckley broke through Tom Weale and his pass brought about a fine first-time lofted finish from Middleton.

They came close to a second when Dawson headed Lewis Rankin’s cross against the post, before Allscott equalised five minutes before the break. Armando Wood, their liveliest player throughout, got to the byline and crossed for Hole to fire level.

And there was still time for both keepers to make another save before the break – Bache got down to save from Tom Fallon before Bebb held Rankin’s free kick.

The second period wasn’t quite as frantic, but Hinckley took the lead again five minutes into it. The two centre-halves combined as Charlie Swingwood hooked a high ball into the box, it looked for all the world a routine clearance for the giant Rogers but he was beaten to it by Beasley, who headed into the bottom corner.

Again, though, Hinckley couldn’t hold that lead and Allscott’s second equaliser came in similar fashion to the first. Wood tricked his way to the byline and pulled back to the penalty spot where Hole took a touch and fired high beyond Bache. 

After that, Allscott had plenty of set pieces but Hinckley defended them well on the whole and had the better of the chances to win it. Bebb parried from Rankin and Somel lashed wide from the resulting scramble, while Weale’s free kick ran right across the face of goal with Zaki Evans and Swingwood both inches away from converting.

For the visitors, Wood sliced wide of the near post but he looked to have a bigger chance when he bore down on goal in stoppage time, only for a sublime recovery from Dawson which prevented a shot and ensured the sides take a point apiece.

Hinckley: Brandon Bache, Matt Dawson, Danny Fraser (Harry Sawyer 82), Declan Somel (Zaki Evans 75), Charlie Swingwood, Jack Beasley, Lewis Rankin (Isa Abraham 75), Tom Weale, Brady Middleton, Riley Davoile (Preston Bitemo 61), Jack Edwards. Sub not used: Joe Cairns.

Goals: Brady Middleton (28), Jack Beasley (50)

Allscott: Ross Bebb, Will Rogers (Francy Mpasi 78), Connor Courtney (Matt Johnson 66), Leigh Brindley, Aiden Jehu, Carl Rogers, Cameron Davies (Ben Davies 66), Aaron Williams, Steve Hole, Tom Fallon, Armando Wood. Subs not used: Dan Pilkington, Jack Parton.

Goals: Steve Hole (40, 54)

Attendance: 172

, , ,