Coton Green 0-5 Hinckley AFC

A stunning first half blitz saw Hinckley AFC secure the points by half time as they made it nine successive victories with a 5-0 win at Coton Green.

It continued a remarkable run of recent form – in the last nine days Hinckley have played four games, scoring 20 goals and conceding none as they extended their advantage in second place.

As in other previous games, Hinckley changed their formation to great effect. Tom Weale again demonstrated his value to the team, this time playing as a target man and he was the focal point of AFC’s first half dominance. He won any number of headers and his hold up play brought other players into the game, notably Jac Redhead who was a constant threat.

Hinckley went in front inside two minutes. Danny Fraser’s inswinging free kick from the right hand corner of the penalty area eluded defender and attacker alike to nestle in the bottom corner.

A perfect start quickly got better as they doubled their lead moments later. Weale fed Redhead on the edge of the area and though he had with little space to work with, he curled a delightful left foot shot beyond the despairing keeper.

And the same two players combined again moments later as Weale’s pass sent Redhead racing into the box where he was clattered by home keeper Conal Dowling and Chandler Pegg converted the penalty.

Three up inside 20 minutes, Hinckley continued to attack and after Joe Obi’s header was cleared off the line, they made it four ten minutes before half time. From a re-cycled corner, Redhead’s cross from the left was flicked on by Weale with Jack Beasley getting a touch on the edge of the six yard box to cap a fabulous half for Joe Conneely’s men.

With the points in the bag, the second half was a more pedestrian affair as AFC were content to conserve their energy given their hectic schedule and see the game through.

Both sides had efforts cleared off the line and Brandon Bache secured another clean sheet with a great save at point blank range from Harry Howard before Hinckley ended the game as they started it.

Once again, Fraser swung in a teasing free kick and Lewis Rankin, with his first touch of the ball, stole in front of his man to volley home and set the seal on a very impressive Hinckley performance.

Coton: Conal Dowling, Ryan Kimberley, Brad Lindsey (McKenzie Hine 85), Charlie Noakes (Lewan Tobin 85), Luke Fox, Luke Hennessey, Corey Powell, Curt Shiels, Matt Gardner, Joe Smith, Lewis Hayden (Harry Howard 60). Subs not used: Lewis Landers, Fraser Doyle

Hinckley: Brandon Bache, Matt Dawson, Danny Fraser, Jack Edwards (Sam Ellis 80), Tom Weale (Lewis Rankin 89), Jack Beasley, Chandler Pegg (Isa Abraham 84), Harry Walker-Donovan, Joe Obi, Jac Redhead (Lewis Collins 76), Adam Barber. Sub not used: Nick Brandish

Goals: Danny Fraser (2), Jac Redhead (10), Chandler Pegg (20 pen), Jack Beasley (36), Lewis Rankin (90)

, , ,